Who comes to Level 1 classes?
Participants tend to be people who . . .
- Are comfortable with and have embodied the basic movements: crawling, jumping, hanging, lifting, carrying
- Have good form in those movements
- Want to test themselves: Can I not just crawl, but crawl with good form for two minutes? Can I not just hang, but take my index finger off while hanging, and still hold it for 60 seconds?
- Have the body awareness and experience necessary to handle demanding movements
- Need more stability and control
- Are consciously competent
What can you expect from these classes?
- Classes both indoors and outdoors depending on weather and the skills being learned
- Structure, guidance and support from the coach
- A good workout
- The chance to cement the core movements from the Foundation and Explore classes
- Practice with the full range of human movement, which will lead to increased physical competence in all activities
- Greater challenge because we add complexity, weight and endurance to the basic movements