What is MVA Rehabilitation?
MVA rehab is a comprehensive series of treatments designed to support you in the aftermath of a car or auto accident. Because MVAs can disrupt your life physically, mentally, and emotionally, our Calgary clinic has developed a specific MVA rehab program to help you recover.
Our team of MVA rehab professionals provide treatments that include:
- Physiotherapy: To regain strength and mobility after a car accident.
- Chiropractic: To alleviate pain in your low back and neck and improve comfort within your posture.
- Massage Therapy: To relax muscles and reduce tension resulting from a car accident.
- Acupuncture: For alternative pain relief and to reduce inflammation that complements other therapies.
- Osteopathy*: To treat all systems throughout your body affected by a car accident.
*Osteopathy is not always covered. This would be discussed between you and your Adjuster after consulting with us to determine its efficacy in your case.
The Intrinsi MVA Rehab Approach
We’ve fine-tuned our approach to your care and designed this method to ensure you understand your condition and treatment plan.
- Assessment: To understand the extent of your injuries and pain.
- Personalized Treatment Plan: Designed for your specific condition and goal setting.
- Progress Monitoring: To track and adjust your treatment as you progress.
- Education: For guidance on pain management, injury prevention, and overall wellness.
- Diagnostic Imaging: If needed, physios and chiros can now order x-ray or ultrasound, both covered under Alberta Health!
Why Choose Intrinsi for MVA Rehabilitation
Our team of practitioners will work together, ensuring a cohesive and comprehensive treatment plan that gets you back to feeling better. We are:
- Experienced: With a proven track record of success for treating MVA injuries.
- Multidisciplinary: Many services in one clinic make your recovery more accessible.
- Personalized: No two patients are alike, so no two treatments are alike.
- Holistic: We treat your physical and mental health without invasive interventions.
- Results-Driven: So you can return to living a healthy life as quick as possible.
MVA Rehab: Frequently Asked Questions
What is the process for getting my treatments covered?
- Call your insurance company after the accident.
- Fill out the AB-1 form BEFORE your initial assessment with us. You have 10 days from the date of your accident to do this.
- A claim number.
- Your adjuster’s full name, e-mail, phone, and fax number.
- Book with a physiotherapist or chiropractor at Intrinsi.
- They will complete an AB-2 form.
- The clinic will submit the AB-2 form on your behalf.
- When the AB-2 form is approved, book treatments! These should be completed within 90 days of the date of your accident.
What is an AB-2 form?
This form is your treatment plan, filled out by your physiotherapist or chiropractor. It outlines your diagnosis, treatment plan, and adjunct therapies that can assist you in your recovery. (Eg., acupuncture, massage, osteopathy.)
What does my insurance cover?
If you are in protocol or within 90 days of your accident, one assessment all therapy appointments, including physiotherapy, chiropractic and massage treatments are covered. You may also be eligible for some rehab equipment to assist with your recovery, including exercise bands and myofascial tools or foam rollers.
If you are out of protocol, your insurance coverage will depend on approvals by your adjuster.
Though note, late cancellation fees and no shows are not covered by your insurance company.
What happens when I reach 90 days and still need treatment?
Your therapist will assess your ongoing needs and can request an extension of treatment coverage.
The number of visits that are counted, including how they are determined, requires a further discussion with our team. If you have any questions, feel free to call our clinic.