What is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy is rooted in the understanding that the human body is not a collection of separate parts, but an intricate and dynamic functional unit, interrelated at all levels. When considering how to help you achieve optimal health, osteopathic practitioners take into consideration both physical and emotional aspects in order to optimize the body’s self-regulating, self-healing capabilities. Osteopaths draw on current medical and scientific knowledge to diagnose and use osteopathic manipulative treatment to treat areas of strain, stress, and dysfunction that may be hindering normal neural, vascular, and biomechanical functions.
Benefits of Osteopathy At Intrinsi
Our therapy experience at Intrinsi is unique to most clinics in Calgary. Frustrated by the common business-centered approach to treatment where your therapist is often juggling multiple patients, we ensure that all of our treatments are one-on-one.
• Your therapist has more time to become familiar with your condition and complete a thorough assessment.
• The focus is entirely on you for the duration of your session
• Your therapist has more time to practice functional movement with you and explain what is causing your discomfort
• Your treatment plan will be shorter– we want to see you improve quickly. Our structure is not based on return visits, but on supporting you with effective treatments
• Your treatment plan may include co-treatment sessions with other therapists as part of your treatment plan to take advantage of our diverse skillset.
What is the difference between physiotherapy, osteopathy and chiropractic? Click here to learn more >>
Meet Our Osteopaths